Magazines for children and teenagers! Here’s our selection of great magazines for children and teens in elementary school, middle school, and high school. With a variety of magazines for children aged 4-8, 8-12, and teenagers, this list is designed for school libraries, homeschooling, and subscription ideas for birthdays, celebrations, or Christmas gifts.
Magazines for children aged 4-8
Magazines for children aged 8-12
Magazines for teens
- National Geographic – the world-famous magazine which explored nature, wildlife, geography, and the impact of mankind.
- National Geographic History – in depth themed history articles that are accessible and engaging.
- Popular mechanics – popular science, electronics, DIY, projects, and technology.
- Popular science – ideal for younger teens who are interested in real-world applications of science.
- Scientific American – the oldest science magazine in America. Many world-famous scientists have contributed essays in the past.
- Field and Stream – a how-to magazine exploring hunting, trapping, tracking, fishing, and wild camping.
- Birds and Blooms – how to develop nature and wildlife in your back yard.
- Sports Illustrated – one of the world’s most widely read sports magazines.
- Wired – discusses emerging technologies, gadgets, and the application of science in everyday life.
- Brio – a Christian teen magazine focusing on faith and personal improvement.
- The New Yorker – quality essays, stories, and comments on current affairs.
- Time – an in-depth analysis of current affairs – ideal for a student interested in politics and the economy.
- American Cheerleader – the leading cheerleading magazine with a wide range of content each month.
- American Scientist – a bi-monthly a well-respected science publication.
Magazines for parents
- Family Circle – practical parenting ideas for those with pre-teens and teens.
- Parents – scientific articles on parenting, with a focus on child development.
- Yum Food Fun for Kids – lots of ideas for everyday meals and special occasions. Great if you have fussy eaters.
- Your Teen – tries to make parenting teens less scary with lots of tried and tested and practical advice.
- Today’s Parent – advice for couples with very children from birth to age 14.
- Practical Homeschooling – useful, evidence-based ideas and advice in a practical and easy to follow format.
- Motherdom – practical ideas and expert advice for mothers with children during pregnancy to infant age.
Magazines for teachers
- Horn Book Magazine – a round-up of recently published children’s literature. Useful for the school library.
- School Arts – packed with interesting ideas for K-12 art teachers.
- ADDitude – a specialist professional magazine for teachers of children with ADD.
- Catholic Teacher – focuses on the specific needs of teachers incorporating the Catholic faith into lesson planning.
- Education Update – a must-read for educators, covering curriculum developments in K-12.
- Music K-8 – great for music teachers in elementary and middle grades who need something instant and ready to teach.
- Education Digest – covers current events and trends in education.
- MET – Modern English Teacher – useful articles on the latest pedagogical thinking and lesson ideas covering recent curriculum changes.
- Learn Hot English – useful for teachers of pupils with English as a second language.
- Teaching History – articles by top social sciences academics.
If you would like to order all or most of the books in this list; or if you want to order classroom sets or multiple copies of books; or if you are ordering from outside the US, have a look at our ‘bulk orders’ page which makes this process easy.Bulk orders